Friday, November 9, 2012

How to play

We're kicking off round one on Monday 12th November. Here's how you can play....


  • During the week, 10 diptychs will be posted on this blog - each will represent a compound word. 

  • Take a look and guess a word for each one (but please, don't be tempted to post your guess in the comments section).

  • When you have seen all ten, drop an email with one answer for each diptych to me {alisonhudson03@hotmail.com}. There's a little prize for one person who guesses all ten correctly.


Really hoping you enjoy the chance to join in. Please help get the word out about the game - if this round goes well, it would be great to have a whole heap more photographers and words for rounds 2 and beyond.

Most of the photographers in this first round have lovely blogs of their own. Links to all of them are in the sidebar. Why not pay them a visit?

And for this of you who'd like a little practice, try this one... do you think you got it?


18 comments:

  1. Can we play if we have contributed a photo Ali?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, photographers are very welcome to play too! They'll only have a 1/20th advantage....

      Delete
  2. great game- I think I've worked this one out! I shall look forward to playing the game with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun, I think I might join in, I've guessed this one and the one if the first post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. took me a few minutes but I've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got it! I have only just found your blog. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I've never done this before ... and I think I've got it... but how will I know if I'm on the right track?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like fun! I like word games, wonder if I'll be any good at it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks fun, but I suspect I might not be very good. worth a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would appear that I am perfectly stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I tried to resist . . . but I failed! I like a challenge and I am certain I will find this . . . challenging! But so much fun as well! What a clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for joining in the chat, but please, no guesses and no spoilers!